We’ve always taken a step into the unknown—a path unlit by anyone before. Had we listened to the detractors, we would have never put beer into a bourbon barrel. We would have never submitted that new combination to the world's most prestigious beer competition. And get rejected. In those early days, it was an undrinkable experiment for most. For a select few, it was a lifelong bond that led to countless conversations and forged friendships. Today, Bourbon County Stout (BCS) is not only a local Chicago favorite, but globally known for setting the standard of barrel-aged stouts with continued innovation and a growing, passionate community.
Here we are again at the edge of something in the making. Something new. Before you are incredible experiences and items found nowhere else—and more importantly, a new community of like-minded pioneers. Build your collection, cellar as you please, or revel in the fact that you are one of the first to join us at the bar on this new endeavor.
Introducing the 2022 Goose Island Barrel House Collection (BHC) of NFTs.
Each NFT will be revealed in your wallet by May 20, 2022.
1,992 BHC NFTs
Eight BHC NFTs that illustrate the complex story of Bourbon County Stout. Each individual chapter is as important as the next.
When all eight are cellared together, you will be airdropped the ninth chapter, Rare NFT, on Black Friday (November 25, 2022). Watch Grit & Grain - The Story of Bourbon County Stout.
- Chapters include:
- Chapter 1 - History 249 NFTs
- Chapter 2 - Bourbon 249 NFTs
- Chapter 3 - White Oak 249 NFTs
- Chapter 4 - Distilling 249 NFTs
- Chapter 5 - Coopering 249 NFTs
- Chapter 6 - Brewing 249 NFTs
- Chapter 7 - Aging 249 NFTs
- Chapter 8 - Variants 249 NFTs
- Chapter 9 - Rare
- Exclusive NFT-Holder Merch Including:
- Throwback Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Tap handle from the Goose Island vault—autographed by Bourbon County Stout mastermind, Greg Hall
- Custom barrel stave that was once used to age BCS
- NFT-owner only limited edition snifter
29 BHC NFTs
A rare BHC NFT with guaranteed access to beer, exclusive events and collectibles.
- Everything from Select
- Ability to bypass the lottery and have guaranteed opportunity to purchase a 2022 Prop Day ticket ($30) and the ability to purchase a Prop Day allocation (2 bottles of Prop, 2 bottles of exclusive variants, and commemorative glass) ($130 value)
- Branded digital frame to display NFT
- Custom barrel head, once used in the aging of BCS
- Special VIP experience at the Goose Island Barrel House, including attending the unlocking of the BCS “vault” for a tasting of rare vintage years and a dinner for the NFT holder + guest (travel not included)
24K Gold Edition
1 BHC NFT
The most rare NFT with the most exclusive rewards. Guaranteed access to beer. Only one will be made.
- Everything from Select and Reserve
- 2022 Prop Day ticket included ($30 value) and Prop Day allocation also included ($130 value)
- VIP barrel display shelf with 2022 BCS bottle
- 1:1 Bourbon County vintage tasting with a Goose Island brewer (travel not included)
A portion of the proceeds will benefit Erie Neighborhood House, a social services nonprofit that provides support, programming and resources for immigrant and low-income families in Chicago.
What is the Collection?
- The Barrel House Collection is Goose Island’s first-ever NFT collection, made up of 2,022 tokens commemorating Bourbon County Stout’s 30th Anniversary and its entry into web3.
- Each NFT features designs inspired by the brewing process of the coveted Bourbon County Stout beers. NFT holders will be important members of the brand’s growth, with unique incentives, exclusive access to benefits, rewards, and surprises only Goose Island can deliver.
- NFT holders must be 21+ and reside in the continental United States.
Why has Goose Island entered the NFT space?
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout has always been on the forefront of innovation, so it's only appropriate we continue to innovate how we reach our community with the launch of our first-ever NFT program, the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2022 Barrel House Collection.
- At the pinnacle of innovation since 1992, Goose Island Bourbon County Stout has always had its finger on the pulse of culture and evolving consumer trends. Now, to commemorate the 30 year anniversary of our first batch of Bourbon County Stout, we’re poised to entice and excite the NFT space with our first-ever NFT offering.
- We see the Goose Island 2022 Barrel House Collection as an opportunity for first-time and established BCS and new NFT fans to have the opportunity to join a new community and purchase digital collectibles of the beloved BCS brand.
How do NFTs change Goose Island’s overall marketing strategy?
- At Goose Island, we’re always looking for new ways to innovate and provide the best experience for our consumers. These new marketplaces allow us to provide our drinkers with a much richer and deeper brand experience than ever before. This new technology has the potential to change the way we look at everything from sponsorships, partnerships, and creative campaigns.
What is the price of the NFTs?
- All Goose Island Barrel House Collection NFTs will be sold at a flat price of $399 (plus Tax where applicable). Your specific token will be revealed by 5/20/2022. This is when you will find out which tier of NFT you will receive.
- Owning a Goose Island Barrel House Collection NFT includes access to unique merch drops, Goose Island events, and much more, for those 21+ in the continental United States.
Are there any discounts?
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev and Goose Island reserves the right to offer discounts at its discretion to employees, vendors, contractors, NFT holders of other ABI brand’s tokens, etc. ABI also reserves the right to hold a number of NFTs to be used at their discretion.
How can I buy the Goose Island Barrel House Collection NFT?
- NFTs can be purchased directly through our website www.gooseisland.com/nft with the cryptocurrency ETH, Bitcoin, USDC, or with a credit card, just like any other online purchase.
How many can I buy?
- There will be a $10,000 cap per person per day for all purchases. This applies for one transaction or multiple transactions, including sales tax.
Are the NFTs available to buy from my country?
- You must be in the United States and use either a U.S.-issued credit or debit card, or ETH/BTC/USDC via Coinbase Commerce at checkout to make NFT purchases on www.gooseisland.com/nft. Accessing the site from a VPN may flag you as high-risk and either block your sale or remove you from the site.
What Can I Do with my NFTs?
- These NFTs can be collected and cellared or shared. The Goose Island 2022 Barrel House Collection was created for a 21+ audience and does not include commercial rights.
How do I know if the NFT I am purchasing is not counterfeit?
- First (Primary) purchases of NFTs from www.gooseisland.com/nft are legit. The collection will also appear on Secondary marketplaces, such as OpenSea.io, which is where counterfeit NFTs may come into play. These will likely look like our NFTs but not entitle you to the same utility. When on these secondary marketplaces, make sure to look for the verification check next to our handle.
Do you have to be 21 to shop on Goose Island’s NFT marketplace?
- Buyers will need to be 21+ to purchase a Barrel House Collection NFT on our primary marketplace.
Do you have to be 21 to buy a Goose Island brand NFT on the secondary market?
- We do not control sales made on the secondary market. We take responsible consumption very seriously and are committed to promoting the responsible enjoyment of our products, including legal age use of our services and offerings. Buyers will need to be 21+ to purchase a 2022 Barrel House Collection from our primary marketplace and take advantage of any utility it provides.
Will Goose Island make a cut of every resale of the NFTs?
- Not at this time.
Can NFTs be returned and buyers refunded after purchasing?
- NFT sales are final and returns or refunds will not be offered. Those interested in purchasing a Goose Island Barrel House Collection NFT can review sales terms and conditions at ab-inbev.com/nftterms.
What time on May 13, 2022 will the public sale go live?
- The public sale will go live at 2:00 PM CST.
I have the Reserve BHC NFT. When can I expect details surrounding the Special VIP experience?
- We encourage you to sign up for our e-mail list for communication about the event, which will be held Fall 2022.
I have the Reserve BHC NFT. When can I purchase my Prop Day Ticket?
- We encourage you to sign up for our e-mail list for communication about Prop Day ticket sales. Expect this to come around October 2022.
What are NFTs?
- NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) are unique digital assets that are secured and contained on the blockchain. The blockchain verifies ownership, provenance, and transaction history.
What is Blockchain?
- Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or nearly impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.
What is a “wallet”?
- Your crypto wallet is where you can view your cryptocurrency assets and transactions, all in one place. It’s also where you confirm any transactions in process. Different wallets have different features. For example, some allow you to view NFTs from a smartphone. Popular wallets include Coinbase Wallet and Metamask.
What is “minting”?
- NFTs are created through a process called minting. On the Ethereum network, a command is run that creates the NFT as an immutable record, providing it with a unique hash that contains all of the metadata. The metadata stores key contextual information about your NFT, like its current ownership and transaction history. Sites including opensea.io and etherscan.io allow you to view your NFT collection and NFTs in other collections.
What is ‘Gas’ or minting fees?
- The blockchain depends on processing power provided by a decentralized network of computers. Minting fees, often called “gas fees” are what the members of this network earn in return for the processing power they provide. Gas fees can fluctuate according to the amount of traffic on the blockchain at any given moment but cannot be avoided. To limit wide fluctuations and avoid high fees for our fans, we have included a flat-fee of $75 into the total cost of each NFT.
What makes an NFT different from other kinds of digital art?
- When you collect an NFT, your artwork has a public record on the blockchain it was created on. This makes provenance public and verifiable and permits for instantaneous transactions on the secondary market.
How can I pay for my NFTs?
- NFTs can be bought with a credit card, just like any other online purchase. They can also be purchased with cryptocurrencies ETH, BTC, and USDC via Coinbase Commerce at checkout.
How can I get ETH (Ether)?
- First, you must purchase Ethereum (ETH) through an online exchange. We recommend using Coinbase. Once you have purchased ETH, you will need to have it in your coinbase.com wallet in order to buy an NFT token.
- Please note there are limits on the amounts of ETH you can buy and sell based on your account and the platform you’re using to purchase ETH. There are also time delays from when you buy your ETH to when you can transfer it to your wallet to make NFT purchases. Most platforms require you to hold the money in your wallet before you can transfer it to use for purchases.
How Can I Protect my NFTs?
- Your digital wallet will come with a 12-24 word ‘seed phrase’ that acts as the password to your wallet. Never, ever share this seed phrase with anyone. We also recommend keeping a written, physical copy of your seed phrase for access offline. If another person gains access to your seed phrase they can take control of your wallet and everything it contains.
Where is my NFT collection?
- You can view your NFTs directly in your wallet, either on a smartphone or desktop computer.
- You may use digital marketplaces that aggregate digital collectibles and NFTs. Popular examples include opensea.io and etherscan.io.
How Long Until I Receive my NFT?
- Within 24 hours of successfully completing your transaction, you will receive an email with instructions on how to claim your NFT. The link provided in the email will take you to a page where you will enter the email address used at checkout and your public Ethereum wallet address. Note, this is not the address to your Coinbase retail account, rather your Ethereum wallet (i.e.: Metamask or Coinbase Wallet).
- Once that information is submitted, the command to mint the NFT will be sent to the blockchain. Depending on the amount of pending transactions on the blockchain, it can take up to 24 hours for the NFT to land in your wallet. This is normal; thank you for being patient!
What is the Primary Market?
- Primary Market or Primary Sales are the first time an NFT is sold. This can either be a purchase from the NFT creator or an NFT that is minted on purchase.
What is the Secondary Market?
- “Secondary market” refers to all NFT sales that occur after the initial NFT purchase. The most popular secondary marketplace to buy NFTs include OpenSea.io.
What are you doing about the environmental impact of your NFT collection?
- We have partnered with a carbon footprint tracking company to track our carbon impact, with a goal to be 100% climate neutral for all NFT projects launched in 2022 and going forward.
Can NFTs be returned and buyers refunded after purchasing?
- NFT sales are final and returns or refunds will not be offered after purchase. Those interested in purchasing from the Goose Island Barrel House Collection should review our terms and conditions at ab-inbev.com/nftterms.
For any additional questions, contact us.