Our sparkling Belgian Style Farmhouse Ale is wine barrel-aged with an abundance of hand-zested orange peel. Spicy white pepper notes contrast the citrus tartness. The light, refreshing, creamy vanilla finish will excite those fond of Champagne.
Originally brewed by Belgian farmers to attract the best farm hands, we were inspired to brew an exceptional ale as inviting as the original Belgian Farmhouse ales. Light and effervescent, we named it for our founder’s granddaughter Sofie.
- Style: Belgian Style Farmhouse Ale
- Alcohol by Volume: 6.5%
- International Bitterness Units: 20
- Color: Champagne
- Hops: Amarillo
- Malts: 2 Row, Pilsen, Wheat
- Preferred Glass: Wide Mouth Glass
- Food Pairings: Sofie pairs with a wide variety of foods, its light and refreshing qualities complement lighter flavors like fresh oysters and contrast rich shellfish like lobster.
- Cheese Pairing: Brie
- Cellaring Notes: Develops in the bottle for up to 5 years
Bottles: 4pks, 765mL
Draft: 1/6 Barrels
- Great American Beer Festival
- 2011: Bronze Medal - Belgian and French Style Saison